Would you like to share some of your knowledge with your fellow Counselors around the country? We recently had Paramount Research conduct a study on the Counselors throughout the country and more than 800 participated. One of the questions we asked is what topics/articles would you like to see in future issues of LINK for Counselors. Here were some of the topics:
- Articles about how to stay on trend with admissions, how to get administration to approve college visits
- Counselors role in Mental Health counseling
- Grief counseling
- Helping students choose a college major
- Benefits of starting at a community college
- Helping undocumented students navigate college admissions
- How counselors prepare students for non-college destinations (apprenticeships, the military, tech schools, trade schools etc).
- How to deal with the impact of sexting and social media on children
- Personal stories on counselors and struggles they may face such as ethical issues, parental problems or student issues
- Services for students with disabilities at colleges (accommodations, procedures, etc.)
- Side-by-side comparison of software like Naviance, SCIOR, etc. to help counselors choose which is right for their school.
- Tips for student interviews with Colleges
- Crafting a solid college counseling program
If you are an expert on any of the above topics we would love to hear from you at Jason@linkforcounselors.com.