LEARN THE GAME Conference
“Preparing High School Athletes for Collegiate Sports”
LEARN THE GAME is a professional development conference for high school counselors and anyone who is academically responsible for helping high school student athletes. The conference goal is to educate counselors on the academic requirements students need to qualify to play sports in college. The conference is scheduled for October 19, 2017 from 7:30 am – 1:00 pm at the Loker Student Union on the beautiful campus of Cal State University Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.
The event is formatted to offer counselors a variety of six specialized workshops. Each workshop is scheduled for 3 sessions with each session running 45 to 60 minutes. Experienced professionals who are knowledgeable about their subjects facilitate each workshop.
Below is a list of all the workshops that will be offered at this year’s conference:
• Calculating GPA’s for the NCAA
• NCAA Eligibility Center
• NCAA Division I Athletics
• NCAA Division II Athletics
• NCAA Division III Athletics
• NAIA Athletics/NAIA Eligibility Center
The conference begins with a breakfast and opens with a guest speaker. This year’s conference guest speaker is renowned author Dr. Adam Zagelbaum: Associate Professor, Counseling Department Chair and Program Coordinator at Sonoma State University and author of the popular book, “School Counseling and the Student Athlete.”
Why is this conference vital?
• The most comprehensive NCAA academic eligibility conference in Southern California.
• Six specialized eligibility workshops all in one place.
• The latest NCAA eligibility updates affecting high school athletes.
• Opportunity to network with representatives from all divisions of the NCAA and NAIA.
Have any other questions? You can contact the show organizer, Karl Hicks, at 310-956-5186 or visit the show site at https://www.eventbrite.com/preview?eid=36726861030