Pursuing a STEM career can be very expensive for students. Scholarships can really help close the gap on paying for that education. Here is a list of scholarships available specifically for minorities planning to pursue a STEM education:
STEM Scholarships for All Minorities
- The Bluepay Stem Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship available to students pursuing a STEM degree (undergraduate or graduate).
- The Truthfinder Scholarship awards a $2,500-scholarship to women who are pursuing a STEM graduate or undergraduate degree.
- The Mindful Urgent Care Scholarship awards $500 to a student who is pursuing an undergraduate STEM degree.
- The CIMON Inc. Scholarship, consisting of a $1,000 scholarship, is available to students who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- The Capital Auto Auction Annual Scholarship consists of $250 to $1,000 and is offered to a student studying a STEM field at the bachelor’s level.
- MLA Scholarships for Minority Students are for students who are entering into a master’s degree program and the award amount is $5,000.
STEM Scholarships for Asian American & Pacific Islander Students
- APIASF Scholarships in the amounts of $2,500 and $20,500 are awarded to students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander.
- USPAACC Scholarships of $3,000 to $5,000 are awarded to around 15 to 20 students each year who are Asian American.
- Our Scholarship Guide for Asian American & Pacific Islander Students offers more in-depth information on the different types of scholarship out there for AAPI students.
STEM Scholarships for Black Students
- The NAACP offers several different, including a $12,500 award for STEM students.
- Microsoft will award 27 scholarships for the upcoming academic year to students studying technology, ranging from $1,000 to $20,000.
- The Financial Aid & Scholarship Guide for Black Students can provide you even more information on scholarships and financial aid that is available to you.
STEM Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Students
- Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards offers $1,000 to Hispanic and Latino students who have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- The Association of Latino Professionals for America scholarships offers varying scholarships to Hispanic and Latino students who are in undergraduate graduate programs.
- You can also check out the Latino and Hispanic Scholarship Guide that has even more opportunities you can apply to.
STEM Scholarships for Alaskan Natives and Native Americans
- The American Indian Education Fund has over 200 scholarships that are awarded each year to Native American and Alaskan Native students.
- Ford Motors hosts STEAM programs and offers $50,000 in scholarships to some participants who have tribal affiliations.
- AISES Oracle Academy has scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 are available to students pursuing computer science degrees.
This list of Scholarships was compiled by Study.com. Check out their complete Guide to College and Careers for Minorities in STEM.