The newest edition of the classic textbook, Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling, is now available for pre-order!
The fifth edition equips practitioners with the core knowledge and skill sets necessary to effectively assist students and families with postsecondary planning and college enrollment
About the textbook
Completely updated, Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling is the definitive textbook for graduate programs in secondary school counseling and a must-read guide for practicing counselors.
The book includes 26 chapters authored by leading practitioners, researchers, and higher education faculty. Among the core chapters are “Framework for College Counseling” and “Demystifying Enrollment Management.” You’ll learn about counseling foundations and theory, ethics and practice, student pathways and options, how to serve diverse populations, and more.
Expanded and updated
New chapters in this edition include:
- Foundations of Standardized Admission Testing
- Advising Students and Families About Paying for College
- Counseling First-Generation Students and Families
- Technology Tools for the Savvy School Counselor
- Serving Undocumented Students
- Counseling International Students at US High Schools
- Advising the Transnational Applicant
The hardcover textbook will begin shipping in late June for arrival in plenty of time for the Fall 2019 semester.
Discounts are available for bulk purchases by contacting NACAC customer service.
Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling is published by the National Association for College Admission Counseling, the trusted source in college admission.